Saturday 29 October 2011

Storm's second outing

It was a mixed bag today for Storm. After yesterday's good 5 k run, a long leisurely cycle was in order! I knew it was going to rain, but didn't care. I went out and followed the river for a while, past the new Riverside Museum, back and forth over pedestrian and road bridges. The Clyde at Glasgow Green was certainly busy with those long rowing boats! I popped in to Billy Bilsland (Storm's old home) to ask about the mud guards, but there were busy so I just headed off.

From the Green, I then went through the city centre... Up Buchanan Street. Who'd thought it was a financial crisis with hunnerts of shoppers out there!

Up through the city and then back down to the cycle path. I followed that out to Yoker and then started a wide loop back toward the house. When I got to Duntreath, I felt a funny rumble at the back. Stopped and looked, and saw the back tyre flatter than a pancake! How it got so flat so quick is hard to say as there is no obvious damage.

I walked the mile and a half home and have just put the bike back in the shed. I'll need to replace the tube and see if that is all there is to it. Hopefully east job, but as it is the back tyre, it is a little harder than the front to replace!

Updates later....




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Glasgow and environs

No comments:

Post a Comment