Sunday 27 November 2011

A wet and stormy adventure

Firstly, I should apologise for not blogging recently.  I had a blog app that obviously was struggling with IOS5 and kept freezing and losing data.  I should have just come here and continued, but fought through the app problems to no avail.  They emailed me after I complained to say that the fixes have been submitted to the app people and awaits release.... I cycled to work and back on Tuesday.  Other than a near miss with a car on the way home, it was pretty unremarkable.  I had a blog done, but the app deleted the data!  Och well.  Friday,  came straight home, intending to go for a run, but best laid plans... I ended up waiting until I'd dropped the kids at clubs and friends' houses and ran at night along Dumbarton road.  The previous day, my baby sister Diane had run her first ever 5 K race.... In 37 + minutes.  S to commemorate, I ran for 37+ minutes!  Did about 3.7 miles so do the maths regarding pace!  My way, that's us caught up on my adventures, now onto today! I got up at 8 this am.  Had a huge latte and got my gear all sorted.  It was kinda windy overnight, but fairly calm at the start, with clear skies.  I intended going Great Western Road westward for an hour and then turning back.  First red light I reached, I didn't want to stop, so I hopped the kerb and went left instead! That change in route led to a series of changed routes that led me onto the cycle path, back to GWR, through the towns and villages, back to the cycle path all the way to Maryhill, then zigzagging through the city back to the cycle route. All during the cycle, the weather itself cycled!  From calm, clear blue skies, to sleet and driving wind & rain.  I could see the mud splattered all over my running tights, and could just imagine what the back looked like! I got home, with the Garmin showing 2 hours 12 minutes, and 24.8 miles. My Ant Agent is still hiding, and I have as yet avoided ending £30 on a replacement.  I fully intended using RunKeeper too in order to compare data, but the app froze and would not start.  grrrrrr!  Technology is a pain when it does not cooperate (and when you lose bits!). I wanted to do the additional 1.4 miles to claim my first marathon, but I still think this is a distance record for non stop cycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment